- How do STOX Energy Socks work? STOX Energy Socks stimulate the blood circulation in the legs and provide maximum oxygen-capacity of the muscles. This is due to the graduated compression that is integrated into all the socks. Basically it comes down to this: because of gravity, blood and fluid flow to the feet. The body needs all the help it can get to let it flow upwards again.
The highest pressure (compression) is at the ankle and gradually decreases until it finally performs the least pressure just under the knee, causing blood to be "pushed" back up. In this way, an optimal blood circulation is achieved which prevents leg fatigue and muscle pain.
Together with a team of vascular surgeons the correct graduated compression is implemented in all STOX Energy Socks, achieving the right results. The compression and the pressure gradient are very accurately tested by the Swiss compression testing machines of the Salzmann Group. The test equipment of the Salzmann Group is internationally recognized as the most accurate compression pressure measurement system. To ensure the best pressure gradient and the highest quality, STOX Energy Socks are made on highly advanced medical equipment. Implementing graduated compression is made possible through the so-called circular knitting technology of these machines.
- What are the benefits of wearing STOX Energy Socks? Each different type of the STOX Energy Socks has his own benefits.
During your (standing) profession (Work Socks):
- They avoid tired, achy legs; by maximum oxygen capacity to the muscles
- They revitalize your legs; by the increased blood circulation
While running (Running Socks):
- They provide the wearer with more energy; by the increased blood circulation
- They boost your endurance; by maximum oxygen capacity to the muscles
- They reduce the risk of shin splints; by the compression which they exert on the shin
- They ensure less muscle damage; the compression keeps the muscle tissue together and helps reduce shock loads
After a workout (Recovery Socks):
- They ensure a faster recovery; by maximum oxygen capacity to the muscles
- They provide more energy; by the increased blood circulation
- They work effectively with shin splints, calf and Achilles tendon problems; by improving the drainage of blood and fluid
While traveling (Travel Socks):
- They prevent swollen feet and ankles; by improving the drainage of blood and fluid
- They regulate the temperature of your legs; by the merino wool in the socks
- They reduce the risk of travelers’ thrombosis; by the increased blood circulation
- What size do I need? Our measurements are based on both the shoe size and calf measurements, in order to guarantee the results you should expect from STOX Energy Socks. You can easily find your size with our size wizard .
- Do the STOX Energy Socks really work? Is it scientifically proven?Several studies have shown that people who wear compression stockings often experience less pain and swollen legs and feet. For example, a large part of the nursing staff experienced less pain (84%) and less swelling of the legs (74%) during work by wearing compression stockings.  93% of runners experienced muscle soreness after a run of 10 kilometers with traditional running socks, while this was only 14% with the runners who wore sports compression stockings.  After a 5-hour flight 60% of travelers who wore compression stockings experienced less pain and 45% experienced less swollen legs and feet.40% of women develop varicose veins during their first pregnancy. One year after the varicose vein treatments of 69 patients, only 6% of the group who wore compression stockings suffered again from varicose veins, while this was 71% of the patients who did not wear compression stockings.
 Sigvaris, USA. ‘’Compression Socks Help Reduce Swelling for Nurses.’’ Sigvaris, 24 Mar. 2011. Web. 18 Sept. 2013.
 A. Ali, M.P. Caine, B.G. Snow. ‘’Graduated compression stockings: Physiological and perceptual responses during and after exercise.’’ (2007). Journal of Sports Sciences. Volume 25, Issue 4, pages 413-419.
 Hagan, Melissa J., and Stephen M. Lambert. ‘’A Randomised Crossover Study of Low-ankle-pressure Graduated-compression tights in Reducing Flight-induced Ankle Oedema.’’ Med J Aust 188.2 (2008): 81-84. Web.
 Wenderlein JM. The psychosomatic aspects of complaints of varicose veins during pregnancy. A psychosometric investigation in 345 antenatal patients [in German]. Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 1976;36:997.
- Can I wear STOX during sleep? We recommend to wear your STOX only during the day and not during sleep. When you are asleep and your legs are in a state of rest for a long time, the pressure in the arteries is much lower than when you are standing. The external pressure delivered by STOX then becomes relatively high relative to the internal pressure in the arteries. This could impede your blood flow.
- Where is the store located? STOX Energy Socks are currently only available online in our webshop. You can always try STOX for 14 days and if you are not satisfied with the result, you can return them within this period of time and we’ll refund the money :-) Would you rather take a look first? Visit our showroom at the Herengracht in Amsterdam and let yourself be inspired and advised.
- What is the difference between Sport Tubes and other sports socks?Tubes are mainly used for intensive workouts where your legs and feet already do a lot of work. The tubes contain exactly the same characteristics as the other sport socks - with the advantage that the tubes are made without the foot portion of the sock. This means you can wear your own favorite ankle socks underneath the tubes. It is strongly advised to take off the tubes immediately after your workout. Because the tubes only start from the ankle, there is no compression on the foot, but only on the calf. This might result in swollen foot and ankles. By wearing tubes during exercise, this is prevented. We strongly recommend wearing STOX Recovery Socks after your workout.
- What is the difference between the Running and Recovery Socks? STOX Recovery Socks reduce muscle fatigue and promote the drainage of blood and fluid, speeding up the recovery period of injuries like shin splints, calf and achilles tendon problems. The Running and Recovery Socks contain exactly the same amount of compression. The difference, however, is that the Running Socks have a thickened footbed which prevents friction in the shoe - and therefore prevents blisters. Moreover, the Running Socks are more ‘breathable’ than the Recovery Socks. This is because both types of socks are woven in a different way, which ensures that the Recovery Socks feel more comfortable during your 'rest period' and the Running Socks keep your legs cooler during physical exercise.
- What is the difference between Running Socks and Lightweight Running Socks?The Running Socks and Lightweight Running Socks contain exactly the same amount of compression. The STOX Lightweight Running Socks however, are made of a lot thinner material than the STOX Running Socks, keeping your legs less warm during warm summer days :-).
- What is the difference between the Work Socks and Running Socks?The STOX Work Socks feel more like ‘normal’ socks, while the Running Socks use extra breathable materials. In addition, the Running Socks have a thickened toe and heel piece to prevent blisters and other inconveniences while running. The Work Socks on the other hand, have a thickened footbed and contain antibacterial bamboo which prevents sweaty feet.
- Can I wear the Running Socks while flying?Of course it is possible to wear the Running Socks while flying, but we do not recommend this, as there is a possibility you will experience cold feet while flying. The Running Socks contain extra breathable materials, which keep your legs cool during physical exercise. When you’re flying this can cause you cold feet. For that reason we use temperature-regulating Merino wool in the Travel Socks. This way your feet will keep the right temperature. Perfect for flying, because it can get quite cold in the airplane.
- What are the shipping costs? Shipping costs are as below:
- Belgium € 2,95
- Germany € 2,95
- Denmark € 4,95
- Estonia € 9,95
- Finland € 7,95
- France € 4,95
- United Kingdom € 4,95
- Hungary € 5,95
- Ireland € 6,95
- Italy € 6,95
- Latvia € 9,95
- Lithuania € 9,95
- Luxembourg € 5,95
- Netherlands € 2,95
- Austria € 4,95
- Poland € 5,95
- Portugal € 7,95
- Romania € 8,95
- Slovenia € 5,95
- Slovakia € 5,95
- Spain € 6,95
- Czech Republic € 5,95
- Sweden € 7,95
- Rest of the World € 24,95
- How long will it take to get my package?If you order before 23:00 p.m. on working days your order will be sent the same day. Once we ship your order, you will receive an email with shipping confirmation and a Track & Trace code. Are you unable to track your order? Call us at +3120-2600129 or send us an email: email@example.com.
- What payment methods are accepted?You can choose one of these simple payment methods during the ordering process:
- Sofort Banking
- Bancontact (MisterCash)
- Is buying online safe? Yes, our webshop is secured through a SSL 3,0 connection. Fulfilling your payment at STOX Energy is fast, convenient and above all safe. STOX Energy is working with payment provider Mollie. This is a secure payment system, specifically developed for online stores.
- Do I need an account to place an order?No, you can also place your order as a ‘guest’. But keep in mind that you will have to enter your shipping information again in case of a new order and you will not have an order summary on the website.
- How can I track my order?Once we ship your order, you will receive an email with shipping confirmation and a Track & Trace code. Are you unable to track your order? Please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I cancel or change my orderIf you would like to cancel or change your order, please call us at +3120-2600129 or send us an email: email@example.com.
- How can I return a product?You have the right to cancel your order up to 14 days after receipt without giving any reason. The total amount will be refunded, shipping costs included. Only the cost of sending the package back from your home to STOX Energy will be at your own expense. If you would like to make use of your right of withdrawal, the product needs to be returned to STOX Energy in the original condition, including all packaging. To exercise this right, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who should I contact if I have any queries?You can call us at +3120-2600129 or send us an email: email@example.com.